4. Andes. The mountain range is 7,000 km long – this is more than the distance between Copenhagen and Cape Town, South Africa. The average height is about 4,000 m. In Europe, there is only 1 km^2 of land > 4500m and 225 km^2 > 3500m. Denmark don’t have any mountains of course, but compared to this neither does the rest of Europe.
6. Patagonia. Overlaps a little with 4, but only a little. A few images from the article:
About me/this blog
I am a student of economics from Denmark.
This blog is mainly a site where I keep track of and share some of the stuff I read and learn. Only a small subset of the posts on this blog deal with economics – I have diverse interests, and as the category cloud in the sidebar below illustrates this blog contains posts about all kinds of stuff: Mathematics, physics, statistics, geology, geography, health care and medicine, psychology, evolutionary biology, genetics, history, anthropology, archaeology, chess, …
Here’s an overview post of the books I’ve read in 2017.
Here’s an overview post of the 156 books I read in 2016.
Here is an overview post of the 153 books I read in 2015.
Here’s an overview of the 116 books I read during 2014.
Here’s an overview of the 71 books I read in 2013.
All of the overview posts contain links to other blog posts covering many of those books, as well as reviews of the books which I have published on goodreads.
Here’s a link to my goodreads profile.
Here’s a blog post with some information about me and this blog.
You’re always welcome to ask questions in the comment section. New readers should be aware that the first comment someone leaves on this blog is always withheld automatically to limit spam and needs to be approved by me before it appears on the site; so your first question or comment may not appear immediately.
US on Eating disorders… (I) human on Eating disorders… (I) US on Eating disorders… (I) human on Eating disorders… (I) US on Random Stuff / Open Threa…
- The Ageing Immune System and Health (II)
- Worth remembering (when comparing 'the US' to 'Europe')
- Rygning, druk, selvmord, helbredsomkostninger: Et tilbageblik
- Random thoughts
- Female Infidelity and Paternal Uncertainty - Evolutionary Perspectives on Male Anti-Cuckoldry Tactics
- The Laws of Thermodynamics
- What Do Europeans Think About Muslim Immigration?
- A look back in time
- Alcohol consumption, a few numbers
- Self-pity and self-esteem...
Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com.